Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Moving Home

I have given this a lot of thought over the last few months. Finally I talked to my parents yesterday about moving home. When I found a job in the same city where my parents lived after university, they offered because housing is just ridiculously expensive. But I wanted to try and make it on my own. I did and am proud of myself for that.

However, I just got assigned to a new long term project and my boss has allocated 50% of my time to be spent at the customer site in San Jose, plus trips to our location in China when necessary. It just doesn’t make sense to pay for a place that I will not live in more than half the time.

My roommate is very understanding. Her parents own the condo and she rents out the room mostly for company. I’ve been feeling bad that I was away most of the summer. She won’t have a problem finding a roommate since lately we always seem to know someone who is looking for a place.

The parents are happy because they are convinced I don’t eat when I’m on my own.

I’m going to start packing and moving my stuff over. I want to vacate my room by the end of the week. This way, my roommate could start interviewing potentials during the two weeks that I am in SJ.

This is going to be a huge saving for me. It’s going straight to a “Rent Savings” account and not getting spent.

0 comments: