Friday, April 4, 2008

Taxes

I’ve been reading about tax returns from fellow bloggers for weeks now. I’ve been impatient to get my own return done. However, I am still waiting for two forms: one from income trust shares I own, and another from ETF shares.

Mar 31, 2008 is the deadline for them to send out the forms. Mum has received hers but nothing for me. Then I read this little bit “it isn’t uncommon for companies to send forms out after the deadline”.

Since I got everything else, I did a rough draft of my returns without those forms. Just to make sure I’m not owing anything and everything is good.

It looks like I might be getting a small refund. It’ll probably be less once I factor in the distributions from the income trust and ETF, but I’m just glad not to owe anything.

3 comments:

PiggyBankBlues said...

if it's not 24hrs before the filing deadline, then apparently for the likes of me it's not tax time yet. because no matter how often i insist that this is the year i don't wait until the last minute to file, that last minute always seems to take me by surprise...

Wooly Woman said...

I've done that before - estimated that is. I get very impatient to see whether I am getting a refund or not! I just fix it when it comes in.

Canadian Saver said...

Oh waiting sucks! I got a small refund too, it seems so minuscule compared to some bloggers who get back thousands. I don't know how they do it...