Monday, November 3, 2008

Last day, weekend, & first day

My last day at work was pretty uneventful. I pretty much handed off everything by noon. We went out for lunch. At around 3pm I started my goodbyes, and was out the door by 4:30pm.

This weekend was relaxing as well. I didn’t work on Saturday. So I continued with closet edit. It’s taking awhile because I’ve been busy and at the same time I have to do a clean up of my room which has been a mess the last month. Then I went to an estate sale with a couple of friend. If you are furnishing your house, it is highly worthwhile to go to these. There was some quality furniture in great condition, crystals, and full sets of Royal Doulton bone china, all at very reasonable prices. We signed up for the mailing list to be notified when there is another one. Look around your city and see what’s available.

Today was my first day at the new job. It was a typical first day. Being introduced to people, reading up on process and procedures, and HR stuff. I got a tonne of reading. I expect tomorrow will be spent in front of the computer too.

0 comments: