Monday, November 24, 2008

Quick update on the aunt situation. I've talked to her, will be transferring the money directly. I decided on doing a lump sum because I takes a lot of coordinating for me to make it to a bank, and checks take time to clear, so once trip to the bank works for me.
On a side note, I know people can transfer money using e-mail, but I've never tried it. It feels a little unsafe. Not sure if that's a reasonable fear, maybe i'll eventually catch on to it like I caught on to online banking.

Back to aunt. I didn’t discuss a repayment schedule yet. I know she won't be in a position to pay me back for awhile. After school, she will taking more junior positions to break into the industry, which means she's taking a pay cut. Also, my cousin is getting close to college age, and I know she has to starting saving for that.

No matter. I just do a little reallocating. Remember I postponed buying a car in August. Now that I can walk to work, I don't really need a new car. I will just put off that purchase for awhile longer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never transferred money over the internet either...would that be with PayPal I wonder?

Glad you figured out this situation. Good luck to your Aunt with her studies :)

Anonymous said...

You are such a generous person. I hope I can someone a gift like that someday or, more importantly, I hope to be able to make some of the sacrifices you have to be able to be in that situation.

Esme said...

Money minder,
There's pay pal,but I've heard something about e-mail transfers through online banking. Didn't really look into it because it felt unsafe.

Nicole,
Thanks. I'm not really. I think there are people in my life who I would willingly to do this stuff for (and deserve it) and then there are others. I remember complaining about another relative being too demanding and being called selfish on this blog a little while back.

Anonymous said...

You are a very generous person. Your Aunt is lucky to have you in her life - I hope you don't feel like you owe her for all she's done for you though. :)