Monday, January 19, 2009

Frugal makes me healthier?

Last week, I had a craving for potato chips. While I was at the drugstore, I almost bought a bag. The only thing that stopped me? It was $4+. I thought "Crazy drugstore prices. I'll just wait until I'm at the grocery store."

I was at the grocery store after work today to pick up some lunch fixings. Then I noticed that the chips were on sale, for 2 for $6. Say what!? $3 dollars for a bag of fatty calories? I crave! I crave! But the combination of my PF blogger and health conscious personalities, stopped me from buying the chips. Phew!

Has this happen to anyone else?

4 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

When I head back to Ontario I am buying a huge bag of gourmet chips because I haven't had them in SO LONG

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."

Ginger said...

Quite frequently!

...but sometime I give in anyway :(

Anonymous said...

It happens to me all the time, but I haven't yet developed the will-power to leave the chips on the shelf!

Anonymous said...

YES!!! Being frugal totally prevents me from caving to those junky snacks. Chips, salsa, pop, etc - they are all sooo expensive!! It's just not worth it. I'd rather make my own snacks at home. So I pass the chip isle and I'm better for it. I do indulge on nice cheese, though, but I figure it's better to at least pay the money for something I will REALLY enjoy - and has some nutritional value - v/s something I will wolfe down in seconds, regret it moments later, and just add on the empty calories...