Wednesday, February 25, 2009

RRSP slips

I made a list of tax slips I should expect for the 2008 tax season. There was a lot going on this year, and I didn't want to miss anything. For T4 slips alone, I counted that I should get 5 (on account of the 5 jobs I had).

As of right now I am missing 2 major RRSP slips. The RRSP Contribution Deadline for 2008 Tax Year is March 02, 2009. What if I was waiting to get all my RRSP slips to see if I've contributed to my maximum limit? I'm not, but I'm just reasoning that they should have arrived by now. No?

How about you, readers? Did you get all your RRSP slips already?

3 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Still waiting for my effing T4.. *GRR*

Anonymous said...

Usually if you are contributing regularly to an RRSP you get two slips. They mail one in February with contributions up until the end of 2008 and then another one in March for January and February.
DH and I are both expecting RRSP slips so can't do our taxes until at least the end of March.

Tanner said...

I have an RRSP at TD Canada Trust, and they send a receipt in February for everything up to that point, and then I get a seperate receipt every time I contribute until the deadline, so if I'm contributing $100 biweekly, every two weeks I receive a receipt for the $100 contribution.

I'm not sure if all the institutions work that way...