Monday, May 11, 2009

Reformed

I threw away two tubes of empty lip gloss yesterday.  Why is this exciting news?  Because it's the first time in a long time I remember throwing out cosmetics because I've finished it and not because I'm bored of it or expiration.

 

Now I get buy a new tube of lip gloss.  Funnily, it took me a long time to chose the right lip gloss.  I was surprised, because it never took me this long to find what I like before.  Then I realized that I used to buy 5 or 6 different ones and settling on a favorite and let the rest clutter up my drawers.  It might sound silly especially since a tube of lip gloss cost $10+.  But I didn't buy they all at once.  With the habit of never visiting the drug store without buying something from the cosmetic isle, it's easy to end up with 5 or 6 tubes of lip gloss.  Because they were purchased separately I didn't realize the waste and what I was doing until now.


Just another example of how PF blogging made me a more conscious spender.

0 comments: