Friday, September 25, 2009

More Waiting...

The counter from the seller was bad. Actually, my agent took one look at it and told the seller agent that if he is not serious about negotiations we don't want to be wasting our time. After finding out about what the offer is I agree. Basically it's like I took a leaping honking huge step in my last counter offer to try and meet him half way, and he leaned a little closer in response.

Really the difference in our counter is not so much a problem as he is being very unrealistic about what he is asking. There were comparables in the same building which should put my offer at a lot lower than what I actually gave him. Then I found comparables a couple blocks away on a better street which supports my offer as very reasonable.

I was really frustrated yesterday. However, I've come to realize just because I am good with numbers and can make reasonably unemotional decisions, I can't expect everyone else to.

So that is where we stand today. I've heard nothing since my agent told the seller agent to come back with a better counter offer. It is likely we may have to walk away from this one. It's hard for me to be disappointed again. However, I see no reason to be paying more than I should because the seller is being unreasonable. There is nothing unique about this place that warrants such a premium. It's just going to take time to find another place. *sigh*

1 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Sounds VERY stressful! Hope it all works out for you soon...