Tuesday, January 5, 2010

No more late fees

I've decided. I am not going to spend any more money on library late fees.

No it's not that I can't spare the small amount of money. It's just the fact that it's so avoidable. Like speeding tickets. I'd rather splurge the money on something I like than use it to pay fines.

It's easy to avoid late fees to. All I have to do is return the stuff on time or renew it online. Yet the last three months I've paid approximately $10 in late fees.

There. I'm putting my foot down. I'm determined. No more late fees.

2 comments:

nancy (aka moneycoach) said...

Good for you. This continues to be an area that trips me up. It drives me nuts! All I need to do is enter it into my calendar to remind me when stuff is due, yet I still seem to miss getting The.Book.BACK on time...

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

I'm with you! I set an alarm on my phone and write the due dates on my work calendar so I remember. Thankfully, the library near my house also sends email reminders a few days before the items are due. I haven't had a late fee in six months. You can do it! :)