Friday, May 11, 2012

Back to Personal Finance blogging

It's been a long time since my last post on this blog.  Truthfully I thought I lost my motivation to blog, but somehow I could not bring myself to close it down.  Now I know why.  Because I knew one day I'd find the desire to share again.  What reignited my interest?  A new personal finance interest - real estate

After I bought my new home, found a job I loved, and gotten control of my spending everything seemed on track and auto pilot.  Then last October my cousin came to visit in Calgary.  I showed him around and I guess it wasn't hard to see my interest in real estate.  He proposed a business partnership.  Renovations.  I'm wasn't sure how I feel about flipping houses.  However, it seemed like all the right people were showing up in my life, around that time I met a great realtor, mortgage broker, contractor, and of course my cousin the investor.  So I thought why not.

The house hunting started February.  Of course the family got an earful.  It's all I could talk about.  With the amount of houses I was looking at, there was a lot of "No renovation potential but great rental".  This got Sis interested.  Then the search turned into a search for rental and renovations.  During this search I learned a lot, and got me itching to blog again and share.

I tried a personal blog, but it seems I love to write about money and personal finance the most.  So tune back to this blog for stories of Brown eyed girl and money.

P.S.  This doesn't mean it's going to be all real estate all the time.  I have lots of personal finance and money stories can't wait to share.

0 comments: