Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wedding? No. Reception Yes.

Last week Beau and I talked to my parents about getting married.  Beau and I have talked about it for awhile and it is no secret to our family and friends.  This is why my parents' response was so unexpected.

First, they were both surprised.

Second, they were deeply unhappy that we were not going to have a wedding.   This is totally unexpected from my parents, who love the simple and uncomplicated life.  They didn't even come to my university graduation because it was in Toronto.

Anyway, there was some crying and yelling.  As a compromise we are sending out invitations to a reception.  Sis is already talking about centre pieces.  Friends are asking if they can MC the reception.  I think we are just going to stick with the invitation and dinner.  Nice and simple.


0 comments: