Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My Investment Strategy Part 3 of 3 - Private Equity

This part of my investment strategy kind of happened by accident.  I had felt that there was something missing in my portfolio.  As a small shareholder in publicly traded companies I have very little control over what happened in the company.  Real estate investment means a huge chunk of money invested in a small number of properties in one type of investment.  I found out about the opportunity to invest in private equity when I went along with my sister to meet her investment advisor.  It seem to fit in between my equity and real estate investment.

I can participate in a small/medium sized company in lines of business I wouldn't be able to do myself such as factoring or flow through shares.  Also through my investment advisor and his firm, we have a lot more visibility over the company's decisions and strategies.

0 comments: