Tuesday, September 23, 2008

No Amount big or small

I have this thing. When money is rightfully due to me, I will try to get it regardless of the amount. Well most of the time.

You know when people say it’s only a few bucks, it’s not worth the effort? Well, I try not to do that. The thinking is I worked hard for that money! When you think about the taxes I paid, and the effort I go through to save, it is ‘worth’ even more to me.

Last week I was expecting to get my left over vacation to be paid out from previous job. The week came and gone and no money was deposited in my account. Really, I don’t have much left, probably about $200. But it’s my money.

I made a few calls and a few e-mails this morning. There is an annoyed HR lady somewhere in the city today. Still, somewhere a cheque is being cut for $200 and finding its way to me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. I would not leave $200 lying around - it is yours, you've worked for it and paid taxes on it.

Which reminds me of my own little "money owed " task still outstanding...

Pot, speaking to Kettle