Friday, November 9, 2007

Good Karma

A friend dropped by a few weeks ago and left my sister’s wedding gift with me. My sister’s been married 6 months but this friend of ours was traveling. Anyway she gave me the gift receipt so that sis can exchange it at the store if she didn’t like it. She’s so sweet.

It was very nice photo album and frame, however, sis got lots of frames and albums during the wedding. I called up sis and asked her if she wanted to keep it or I could go to the store to see if I could get a gift certificate for it.

The reason why I do this is because I knew most likely she would want to exchange it. But we won’t see her for awhile. If she takes it back later it might be a hassle for the retailer to put the old stuff back on the shelf again after so long. Sure I know they might not lose much by it but I just don’t like waste in any form. I would have done this earlier but I was away last couple of weeks.

Sure enough sis wanted the gift certificate instead. I went tonight after work. Guess what? They actually gave me cash (i.e. more choices in what sis can buy)!

How nice. Karma

0 comments: