Thursday, October 16, 2008

Next?

I woke up this morning feeling a big weight has been lifted off me. Mainly because all this thinking on whether to take the offer and negotiating hurt my head. Now I have a plan. I'm going to call the hiring manager when I get a chance today to accept the job and arrange to drop off the signed offer tomorrow. Then I will talk to my current company about leaving. I'm not sure how they will take it. Technically because we are still in probationary period, no notice need to be given. However, I want to maintain a good relationship so I will defer to them. I've made a detailed list of things I'm working on, and all necessary information to complete them, if they want me out the door immediate after I tell them. Or I've asked for a start date which will accommodate staying on for two weeks.

It's going to be a hard conversation. I really like the people around me, and I've ramped up on my job quite well in the last couple of months.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it....I am expecting an offer in the mail today for a federal govt position! I applied for it back in Feb, lost my job in May, accepted a new job in Aug and now get this!
I'm dreading the conversation but need to keep my goals in mind and job security (in todays world) is priority number 1....more $$ is nice too-

Esme said...

Meg,
It's a hard conversation! But congrats on the fed job with more $$. That's awesome!

Karen said...

I'm a bit late to this but congrats!