Monday, January 19, 2009

Great weekend

The weather this weekend was amazing. Above zero temperatures and sunshine, sunshine, and more sunshine.

I had originally planned on going cross country skiing on Saturday. However, a couple friends wanted to bring their dogs along. Since they aren't allowed on cross country trails, we went snow shoeing instead.

It worked out great. We picked a provincial park with fire pits so we could build a fire and have a little winter BBQ outdoors. We did a little exploring along the river which runs through the park as well.

I think I'm going to buy a pair of boots for the snowshoes. They are $6 to rent every time. They always run out of sizes so I end up sloshing around in the bigger sizes. I think can find a decent pair for $50 and they can be used for other stuff as well. I will continue to rent snowshoes though.

0 comments: