Saturday, February 21, 2009

A New Take

Have you seen the new Cheerios commercial? It's of a couple sitting at the breakfast table eating Cheerios with a cover of Macy Gray’s ‘I try’ by Ben Taylor plays in the background.

I liked that song. But this cover by Ben Taylor I love. I like this acoustic cover as well, which I found while I was searching for the Ben Taylor version.

I was just thinking today. It’s the same with something that we’ve owned forever or someone we’ve known forever. We like it. That’s we keep it around. But suddenly one day you see it in a different light and appreciate to a totally different level.

"Games, changes and fears
When will they go from here
When will they stop
I believe that fate has brought us here
And we should be together
But we're not
I play it off but I'm dreamin of you
I'll keep it cool but I'm fiendin.
I try to say goodbye and I choke
I try to walk away and I stumble
Though I try to hide it it's clear
My world crumbles when you are not near
Goodbye and I choke
I try to walk away and I stumble
Though I try to hide it, it's clear
My world crumbles when you are not near"

0 comments: