Monday, September 28, 2009

Forget about it

It's Monday, and we still haven't heard anything about that condo. I just called my agent and told her that we should forget about this one. I'm not too sad about losing this condo because I compromised on a few things when I decided to put in an offer. However, I am extremely unhappy with this experience because I think it is very unprofessional of the seller agent to not give any response at all.

Yes a client can throw a tantrum and be emotional and unreasonable. But the whole point of having agents to be the go between in negotiating is that they can be cool, reasonable and professional. It doesn't take much effort to respond with a 'no'. Even a quick voice mail would be better than complete silence.

Is it childish of me to put this on my watch list and see how long it stays on the market so I can point and laugh? A little. But at least I am reasonable and professional when it matters.

1 comments:

The Chocolate Bunny said...

Nope, I don't think you're being childish at all. I would laugh and point too. LOL

But I agree with you, if the person doesn't want the condo, that's fine, but it's not hard to call/text/email the agent back and say "no thanks."