Friday, October 16, 2009

New Master Card

I’m getting a new credit card – the Smart Cash MBNA Mastercard. I’m a big fan of setting things up so that saving money is automatic. This card does that for me. Every time I spend money I get 1% cash back. If the money was spent on groceries or gas you get 3%. There is no annual fee, and right now for the first 6 month, groceries and gas spending get 5% cash back.

I’ve read the forums and people say it very hard to get the card, and it has high interest rate, which is why I was a little slow to apply. However, the online application was pretty quick and my card arrived within 30 days. I try to not carry any balance so the interest rate is not really a big deal.

Here is the website link for those who are interested in more details.

Also, BIL sent me this forum thread where someone listed all the eligible grocery stores.

1 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

This does sound like a sweet deal, especially the 5% cash back for a few months!

I am too attached to my BMO airmiles card, but if I had to switch, I'd pick this one!!