Friday, October 12, 2007

Car insurance with credit card

On my next business trip, I’m renting a car. This is the first time that I actually have to rent a car myself. In preparation I’m asking around regarding what kind of insurance I should get. I’ve heard some horror stories from co-workers.

I also called up my credit card to see what kind of coverage I get from them. The credit card offers coverage only if I charge the rental to the card and decline the insurance offered at the rental counter. That’s something new I didn’t know before – probably because I never rented a car before.

Since I will be reimbursed I’m going with the most comprehensive coverage at the counter this time. However, for personal trips I probably just go with the coverage offered by my credit card.

0 comments: