Sunday, December 9, 2007

Single Girl’s Christmas movie list

I love Christmas, all the cheerful decorations, the spirit of giving, and especially the movies and TV specials. Last Christmas when my roommate and I were both single we had a single girls' movie day. Well, we basically watched Sex in the City episodes until our stockpile of junk food ran out.

This year I’m starting a single gal’s Christmas movie list. I’m going to take a whole day (preferably a cold day when it’s snowing outside), stock up on yummy snacks and hot chocolate, and watch all the movies on my list, designed to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Here is what I have on the list so far, feel free to make suggestions.

4 comments:

mariam said...

Have you seen Serendipity before? I'd love to hear your views on it since I don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't.

Esme said...

Ok. If you haven’t seen Serendipity and don’t want it spoiled for you, don’t read the following comment.

Mariam
I have seen Serendipity before. What happened in the movie is something I would have a hard time buying if it’s in real life. What are the chances of all those coincidences happening? But then it’s exactly why I like this movie. Because for an hour or so I can pretend that it is possible. True love does exist and even when the odds are way, way against you things will work out in the end.

It’s on my Christmas list because this is the best time to believe in miracles and goodness in the world. Also, because there’s shopping, skating, and snow…a few of my favorite things :)

mariam said...

Nooooooooooooo!

ARgh, I can barely remember this movie because I hated it!

It was morally wrong!

The dude was looking for the girl like a week before he was supposed to be married? If he can't find her he's goes through with the wedding?!

How absolutely low is that?

Such a turn off.

BTW, I hated Legends of the Fall too. Let me know if you've seen that one ;)

Esme said...

Yes. The part about him about to get married was not cool. I mean in real life that is totally wrong. But then in a movie they need such an imminent event to give the character more motivation to find each other before a given time.

So I try to forget about the moral wrongness of that part.

Lengend of the fall? Is that with Brad Pitt? I remember seeing bits and pieces of it. Were all three brothers in love with the same woman? Remember thinking that's a paperback romance I could've written at 15. Maybe there is more to the movie but I didn't see the whole thing.