Monday, March 31, 2008

First Days at the coffee shop

After an office job for the last two years, I had forgotten how hard it is to be on your feet for a whole shift.

It wasn’t super busy, but busy enough to be a little stressful for a newbie who doesn’t know what/where everything is. Can’t say it wasn’t an interesting night though.

In the first hour, I got offered a job. At the end of the night, I got an offer for dinner. I’m not taking all this seriously. But it’s funny.

Then Saturday was super duper busy. It was non stop from beginning to end. For two hours I just stood doing cash, because there was a line up of 10+ people at all times.

When I got home, I was pooped. Then I thought about how much(little) I made during this madness, and remember ‘oh yes. It’s not easy earning a few dollars.’

Photo by tonx via flickr

2 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Sounds fun though! Do you get free coffee???

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

It does sound fun.. I'd love to work at something like that part-time on weekends because for the money.. and I kind of miss the camaraderie