Thursday, May 29, 2008

It begins…

One of the guys I know just got laid off. He’s been wanting it for a long time. He asked to be considered so I imagine he’s pretty happy. This means rumours are correct and there are layoffs today.

BUT… my manager just sent me a meeting maker for a performance review tomorrow. Also, last night I got an odd e-mail from SJ boss. She’s in China or something. But she wanted to know what’s happening with the Austin job. It’s odd because a week ago my local boss said he would talk to her. I would imagine they have a conversation first before anything is decided regarding my job.

I have to conclude that I won’t be leaving today. Well, I’m sure we’ll talk about things at the performance review tomorrow. Maybe they have more alternatives planned.

Wait, as I am writing this I just heard someone else saying their goodbyes near my cubicles... *sigh* No one I know has been affected so far. I don't know what I'd do if they left. They keep me sane in this place.

0 comments: